It Ain't Free


I have managed to keep myself busy with video making and photo shooting over the last few months. Both which were out of my field of interest. Then it hit me that I was so unhappy doing all of this and I decided that this year I won't be doing any more shoots for friends or for small companies.
For any freelance artists out there be you a photographer, stylist, video editor, painter etc. Do what makes you happy. It is understandable that you want to do as many projects as possible and get your name out there but to sell you talent for a cheap check and to be unhappy in doing so will not get you to where you need to go. And as for "helping" friends out, when that help turns into constant do this do that and you no longer have control of the project and all your free time is being dedicated to something you no longer believe in, take a step back and look at everything around you.
I would rather be happy than have a few extra dollars to spend.

So I have a new blog, goodbye photougraphs, and I have new ideas. New works in progress and a new goal in life.

No comments: