Calvary









(For Love and Lemons Dress, Deena & Ozzy Heels, Assorted Jewelry)
Photos by Judy

















If you have never been to Salvation Mountain, then I want you to take a moment and visualize what I just saw. Imagine you’re a 5 year old kid again and your crayons are laid out in front of you with a blank piece of paper. On that paper you decide to draw your own town filled with rivers, trees, green pastures, and the whole purple majesties type of stuff. And then you decide to cover that town with bible scriptures and your residents are people who didn’t quite join the hippie movement in the 60/70’s but didn’t leave the 70’s either and join everyone else in the 21st century. That my friends is Salvation Mountain. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it there and the people were amazing and super friendly. You learn a lot about Leonard Knight and the amount of time it took into making this mountain, and if it rains hard enough it can go down in an instant.

However the main reason for my trip to Salvation was not for a history lesson. We actually came here for a photo shoot and I will share the BTS photos later.

While my model was busy getting her makeup done, after we all jumped out of the car to run around like little kids, I cavorted my way around the mountain in my For Love & Lemons dress and floral crown that I snatched from my friend Judy. The wind was so strong that my whimsical daydreamer dress would not sit still.

At salvation, there is a yellow path that you must stay on due to the fact that everything is so fragile. It sort of makes you feel like you’ve entered in your own version of the Wizard of Oz and Mr. Rogers is going to pop out with some fraggle rock muppets and start singing to you. Or maybe I was delusional from the 3.5 hour car drive in the desert.

Either way, it was magical. I felt magical, once again in a delusional state of mind, and I was so inspired to do the shoot.

4 comments:

Living_in_aShoe said...

your dress is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

just discovered you on chictopia, and your blog is as amazing as your outfits! can't wait to follow you and see all the beautiful photos you post!

xo,
hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Alicia N. said...

This is just so cool! Your outfit is perfect and the location is AHH-mazing! :D

P.S. Your photography is quite inspiring!

-Alicia
Neon Fox

Atsuna Matsui said...

Beautifullll