19-sixty nine




(PUR Vintage Dress, Zara Heels)
Photo by Michelle Paulsen



When my friend told me he found something made just for me in our vintage shipment, he was right. Instantly when I saw it I was hit with nostalgia of the woodstock music festival of 1969. Colorful, intricate beading, and amazingly lightweight. Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, The Who, Sly & the Family Stone, and Jimi Hendrix! Three days of peace and music, I have always dreamed of attending woodstock during that time just to see my favorites perform live. The message they were spreading along with their acid trips.....But more than anything I would love to see the colorful, expressive outfits people were wearing during the festival.
Although I can't go back into the past to watch Jimi Hendrix shred or listen to Janis serenade me, I can always throw on this dress and imagine I was there.

No comments: